We’re doing it, we’re jumping on the banana bread bandwagon, but we had to give it a little something extra with a healthy helping of caramel sauce and a sprinkling of our sea salt.
Shopping list / From the pantry
- 110 g butter, melted, plus more for tin
- 125 g plain flour, plus more for tin
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. Etai Organic sea salt
- 100 g dark chocolate chips
- 150 g caster sugar
- 60 ml buttermilk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 4 super ripe bananas, 3 mashed and 1 sliced
- 120 ml caramel, plus more for drizzling
- Etai Organic sea salt, for garnish
- Dried banana slices, for garnish
- Walnuts, for garnish
It’s all in the preparation, so let’s heat up that oven to 175°C then butter and flour a 9-x-5 in loaf tin.
In a large bowl combine your flour, baking soda and salt.
Grab another large mixing bowl or jug, and whisk together the suagr, butter, buttermilk, vanilla, egg and egg yolk until smooth.
Pour the wet ingredient mix over the dry and stir until fully combined, then swirl your mashed bananas, chocolate chips and caramel throughout the mixture.
Transfer the batter to your loaf tin and top with banana slixes.
Bake for about 1 hour, or until it’s deeply golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
Let cool, then drizzle liberally with caramel, sprinkle with sea salt, and garnish with dried banana slices and walnuts.
Best eaten snuggled up under a blanket, with a cuppa and your favourite box set on!