Now that it’s December we thought we’d do the 12 recipes of Christmas, all be it a little early, to get you in the festive mood!
We’ll be sharing two recipes for each flavour of our salts, six from us and six delicious vegan recipes from the fabulous Krista of The eKO Way head to her website for sustainable living tips and other vegan dishes.
So, we’re kicking off our 12 recipes with these scrumptious Lemon and Thyme biscuits (ve), courtesy of Krista. They make the perfect snack for decorating the tree or watching a Christmas film.
Recipe by Krista Osborne from The eKO Way
From the pantry
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 pinch of lemon and thyme salt
- 4 medium stalks of thyme or lemon thyme
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 180
- Start by rubbing the thyme into the sugar, this way the oils from the herb are infused into the recipe, rather than you chewing on stalks of thyme! You can use regular thyme or lemon thyme.
- Then, beat the thyme, sugar and butter until creamy.
- Sift in the flour and add the lemon juice, zest, vanilla and salt.
- Mix together to form a dough and cut into whatever shapes you like, roughly 1 cm thick.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
Time to eat
Serve with a dusting of icing sugar.