We have the perfect dish for a light lunch or brunch this weekend from renowned local chef and Étaï salt fan, James Ferguson; Roasted Red Pepper, Sundried Tomato, Basil and Garlic Tostada with Étaï Organic Sundried Tomato and Roast Garlic Sea Salt.
- One small baguette
From the pantry
- Two cloves garlic
- Olive oil
- Two red peppers
- Generous amount of drained sun dried tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Étaï Organic Sun Dried Tomato and Roast Garlic Sea Salt
- To make your tostadas, cut your baguette at an angle and brush with olive oil. To add some colour, toss the tostadas in a preheated frying pan, should only take about 30-seconds.
- Cook them in the oven at 180c until crisp.
- Set tostadas aside and allow to cool.
- For the topping:
- Roast, skin, and seed the peppers.
- Finely chop and purée the garlic cloves.
- Drain the sun dried tomatoes.
- Remove the stalks and chop basil.
- Put the peppers, garlic, sun dried tomatoes and basil into a blender and blend until you have a rustic paste.
- Season paste with some Étaï Organic Sundried Tomato and Roast Garlic Sea Salt and black pepper.
- (If the paste is too wet for your liking add some finely blended pistachio to thicken the consistency.)
- Spread the paste over your tostada and serve.
Time to eat
Take it to the next level by finishing your tostadas off with a few shavings of parmesan.
Sit back, dig in and enjoy!